Sleep Centers play an active role in physician support and patient education. They often find themselves not only conducting ploysomnographic testing, but playing a major role in patient education. All technologists should be fully trained in order to provide accurate testing and reliable results, as well as be able to provide appropriate patient education and resources.
- Board of Registered Polysomnography Technicians – An RPSGT is a fully trained sleep technologist who has met the rigorous requirements to become credentialed by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT).
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine – The American Academy of Sleep Medicine is the leader in setting standards and promoting excellence in sleep medicine health care, education and research.
- American Association of Sleep Technologists – AAST is a national membership association of professionals dedicated to improving the quality of sleep and wakefulness in all people.
- Southern Sleep Society – The oldest regional sleep society in the United States. Dedicated to education and training of sleep professionals.
- Sleep Review Magazine – A publication to assist sleep professionals stay on top of changes in the rapidly growing field of diagnosing and treating sleep disorders.